about us（MUSASHINO-TAMA-KHABAROVSK ASSOCIATION）
The migrant birds flying between Japan and Russia led both Khabarovsk, Russia and Musashino-shi, Japan to start boosting their exchange, and in 1996 our organization was established.
2006 saw the 10th anniversary of the association’s establishment, for which a commemorative ceremony was held. In addition to this, we published the book “Siberia’s Wilderness”, summarizing our activities up to this point.
From April, 2008 our organization begun to be managed by volunteers only, and in 2009 became an NPO.
In 2002 we were honored with the “Greenery Day” award for contributions to natural environment, awarded by the Minister of the Environment.
- Name: Nonprofit organization, Mushashino-Tama-Khabarovsk Association
- Establishment: 1996 (became NPO from 5th, Feb, 2009)
- Head Office: Mushashino-shi, Tokyo
- Board Members: 13 (Chairperson:1, Vice-Chairperson:3, Director:7, Auditor-Secretary:1)
- Advisors: 6(as of 18th, April, 2009)
OUR PAST ACTIVITIES
- As a part of the memorial event “TAMA Life 21”, which commemorated the 100th anniversary of the transfer of Tama area into Tokyo Metropolitan, 100 children were given the chance to partake in a nature-based experience in Khabarovsk.
- Nonprofit Organization Musashino-Tama-Khabarovsk is established.
Public Relations Committee launched. Preparations for publication of first PR paper begin.
The First Winter Experience Program (Spending the New Year’s period in Khabarovsk. This was conducted every year till 2007)
- Sakura Project, Forest Research Dispatch Group
Summer visit program (conducted till 2002)
- First issue of newsletter “Priroda” is published.
The first Forestation activities by citizens (Planted trees in Khabarovsk Friendship forest. Primary forestation conducted each year up till 2007)
The First Adventure Camp. (Stayed in camp, and did river-rafting and mountain climbing. This was conducted every year till 2006)
- The First Adventure Camp Program in Japan (held at Mogamigawa river)
- Russian study group “Russia Salon” established (Russian language course with a native Russian teacher aimed at beginner and intermediate levels.)
- Parent-child nature experience class.
(Activities like charcoal grilling, etc. Was conducted every year till 2007)
- Cherry blossom viewing party (at Mt.Takao)
- 700km journey along Amur river
Camping from Komsomolsk to Nikolajsk, as well as river rafting.)
- Seventh forestation team visited the Sikhote-alin Mountains, experienced Taiga.
- Star-gazing Camp (The reunion Camp of visitors to Khabarovsk at Mushashino-shi Nature’s village in Kawakami, Nagano.)
- 10th anniversary party. Published the memorial paper “Siberia’s Wilderness”.
- Consideration of the dissolution of several sections into a new organization due to administrative reforms in Musashino-shi)
- Certified as incorporated NPO (registration completed in Feburuary, 2009).
Had a counsel and inspection with the International Communication Agency of Khabarovsk government about a new forestation.
- Conducted volunteer forestation tour as the second period forestation program.
- Poster exhibition held at Musashino and Khabarovsk.
Concluded Cooperation Agreement on Ecological Education with Pacific National University (Khabarovsk).
Our forestation project approved as the direct project of National Land Afforestation Promotion Organization.
〝ALL JAPAN JUNIOR GREEN FRIENDS FEDERATION” (nationwide organization) conducted an inspection on the exchange program.
- Due to 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, there were fewer participants than usual years, but we conducted the volunteer forestation tour and at Russia made a thanksgiving speech for their aids.
Collected papers on Ecology Seminar “Far East: For the New Era of Energy Utilization” published. Ecology Poster Exhibition held in Musashino and Khabarovsk (also we held Thank-You letter giving ceremony for applicants)
The First Junior Green Club International Exchange Program in Khabarovsk (15 participants each aged 10 years to 16 years from Russian and Japan interacted each other in Khabarovsk)
- The 4th (the 14th time in all the periods) forestation volunteer tour in the second period conduced
(we brought Japanese Sargent’s cherry trees with us to Khabarovsk, and in cooperation with Consulate-General of Japan in Khabarovsk we plant them in the peace memorial park.)
Ecology Poster Exhibition held in Musashino and Khabarovsk (applicants received testimonials from the city government of Khabarovsk)
The 2nd Junior Green Club International Exchange Program in Japan (conducted at the National House at the base of Mt.Fuji.)
- The 5th (the 15th time in allthe periods) Volunteer Forestation Tour in the second period.
(we brought Japanese Sargent’s cherry and Fuji cherry plants to Khabarovsk and at Pacific National University conducted the experimental planting (many applicants from Ibaraki, Hiroshima, and all over the nation)
The 3rd Junior Green Club International Exchange Program in Khabarovsk
- The 6th (the 16th time in all the periods) Volunteer Forestation Tour in the second period.
(Shigeo Hayakeyama who was awarded UN Forest Heroes accompanied with us)
Ecology Poster Exhibition held in Musashino and Khabarovsk (many applicants from Ibaraki, Hiroshima, and all over the nation)
The 2nd Junior Green Club International Exchange Program in Japan (conducted at the National House in Nasukashi in Fukushima)
E-mail : email@example.com